Sunday 10 January 2021

Online Learning

 Hi everyone, 

I hope you are all keeping well. Unfortunately we won't be returning to school just yet so we'll be working online for a few weeks. I will be uploading the work on the class blog but also on 'Seesaw'. Seesaw will be my main method of communication so it is important that you keep an eye on it regularly. You will be able to upload work for correction on it by typing, drawing or recording. Please don't worry if you can't upload all of your work but please do encourage your child to keep up with the work as much as possible. That way, we will be able to move on as soon as we get back to school. I will create videos and upload them on seesaw to explain work/do reading etc. We will also have 2 live video calls per week on Mondays and Wednesdays at 11am. The first of these will take place on Wednesday the 13th of January. These calls will be a great opportunity for the students to talk to each other.

For now, we will be concentrating mostly on English, Irish and Maths. Please feel free to complete mini-projects on other areas of the curriculum and upload them on Seesaw or email them to me (if you have time). We will also be completing Religion work as this is a very important year for us. 

You will be able to complete accelerated reading tests online during the week and I will create a 'Kahoot' quiz that you can do in your own time. 

 Remember you can email me anytime on mmurphy@killygarryns.ie and I will get back to you asap.

Best Wishes, 

Miss Murphy 

No comments:

Post a Comment